REALTOR® RE/MAX Gold
Jim Barnes brings over 30 years of consumer advertising and marketing experience to real estate. Jim brings a set of skills unique to the real estate industry and started his real estate career during the great recession. Barnes has a proven track record of success in up and down markets and had been involved in the sale of over $280,000,000 in local real estate.
Jim brought his innovative marketing concepts to real estate during the housing crisis that began in 2007. Jim worked with his wife Connie Barnes to help their real estate team generate over $280,000,000 in sales under the Connie Barnes RE/MAX brand.
As the real estate market was bottoming out, Barnes was helping his team become number one in sales volume in Northern California and was recognized by the Wall Street Journal as among the top real estate teams in the country.
Clients benefit from having the equivalent of a full-time ad agency that focuses on providing high-impact marketing services to ensure that their listing gets the maximum exposure to potential home buyers.
In addition to working as a full-time licensed REALTOR, Jim is a professional photographer, videographer, graphic designer and webmaster His website is one of the most visited local real estate sites in the El Dorado Hills / Folsom region. Jim recently earned the National Association of Realtors e-PRO certification after demonstrating his understanding of how best to use the latest digital technologies to create an online presence and reach today’s hyper-connected consumers.
Summary of experience;
Jim Barnes may be most remembered for his innovative, breakthrough marketing and advertising tactics during the early days of the mobile phone revolution when there were only 2 cellular phone companies in fierce competition for new subscribers. Barnes started at underdog AirTouch Cellular and quickly turned the carrier’s market share around to be a market leader in subscriber growth. Jim helped drive a national brand and retail marketing strategy for the company who would eventually become VERIZON WIRELESS.
Executive sales management since 1984
- Advertising / Marketing Agency experience since 1989 – National /local broadcast and print
- Business development specialist since 1996
- Web design and digital strategies since 2000
- Professional Photographer since 2004
- Certified Digital Marketing Professional since 2017
- El Dorado Association of Realtors Top Achievers 2017
- RE/MAX International Platinum Club 2017
Jim’s past clients and professional associations include;
- AirTouch Cellular
- Ben Ali Shrine
- Bridlewood Canyon HOA
- California Correctional Supervisors Organization (CCSO)
- California State Fair (Cal Expo)
- CPS HR Consulting (TSA)
- East Bay Regional Data Service (Bay Area MLS)
- Embassy Suites
- El Dorado Hills Town Center
- Ford Motor Company
- Jackson Properties Commercial Real Estate
- Los Angeles Automobile Museum
- State of California Lieutenant Governor’s Office
- North American Philips
- MetroList MLS Services (Sacramento MLS)
- Rush Limbaugh: Excellence in Marketing Group
- Sacramento City Police Department
- Serrano Country Club and Golf Course
- Toll Brothers Inc.
- Verizon Wireless
- Walt Disney Company
- Woodside Homes Inc.
- Verizon Wireless