3021 Royce Dr., Rescue CA
SOLD $440,000 | 6 days on market
3 bedroom, 2 bath solar electric home in Rescue situated on an oversized corner lot with tons of upgrades. New Simonton windows throughout, new Lennox central air/heat pump & additional insulation. Updated kitchen w/beech wood countertops, granite, sink, faucet, beadboard backsplash and stainless appliances. Great room concept with wood stove. Huge level backyard has lots of trees with room for a boat or a small RV. Conveniently located near dining, shopping, and top-ranked schools!
Additional Features and Upgrades
- New central air and heat pump (Lennox) in January 2016
- Additional insulation added to attic during heat pump install to maximize efficiency
- New Simonton windows throughout (except sidelight by front door) in February 2016
- Exterior painted in February 2016, both sheds on property match
- Purchased new shed in 2016 for additional storage space, included in sale
- Laminate flooring added to kitchen, mudroom, hallway, bedroom, craft room/den front entrance and small bathroom in 2017.
- Entry closet updated with hooks and wood shelving
- Shiplap walls added to the living room in 2017. Shiplap to the right of the fireplace covers hole from old wall heater and hole from wires for wall mounted TV. Shiplap behind the couch covers a wall with a portion previously opened up by prior owner. We put in drywall and covered with shiplap in lieu of re-texturing.
- Ceiling fans added to both bedrooms along the hallway and the living room in 2015
- Fluorescent lighting removed from kitchen with the addition of recessed lighting and over table and over sink pennant. Entire kitchen ceiling has been retextured.
- Garbage disposal replaced in 2015
- Base molding updated throughout home from 2015-2017
- Door and window moldings updated in living room in 2017
- Door and window moldings updated in kitchen in 2017
- Door and window moldings updated in mudroom in 2017
- Back half of roof re-shingled in 2017 to allow for solar panels
- Solar panels added in 2017 with 2 Tesla battery packs – Monthly Payment: $187.44 for the first 17 months, increasing to approximately $268.56 after the 17 months. If buyer is not interested in the solar, the sellers can remove it from the home. Current average PGE bill is $180.00 with rates increasing steadily. This is not a solar lease, it is purchased and the buyers would need to qualify to assume the loan. It is a fairly easy process. The payment would replace the PGE bill.
- Kitchen cabinets refaced in 2015
- Beechwood counter tops, granite sink, faucet, bead board backsplash and stainless appliances added in 2015
- Bead board added to mudroom in 2016
- New toilet, vanity, counter top, tile floor, medicine cabinet and faucet added in 2015 in hallway bath
- New toilet, vanity, counter top and mirror added in 2015 in mudroom bathroom
- All doors were replaced with new hinges and handles (internal, front and back door) 2015-2017
- Fire pit with decomposed granite surround and picket fencing added to backyard to separate from side yard in 2016, also added garden, storage shed, grass, solar lamp post, three trees and sprinklers. Chairs, furniture and garden décor not included in sale.
- Front yard landscaped by adding in artificial turf, solar lamp post, bark, 3 trees, addition of ranch style fence, plants/shrubs and large rocks
- Faux windows and hardware added to garage in 2016
- New garage door opener in 2016
- Window coverings updated to bamboo blinds in living room, hallway bedrooms, large kitchen window and mudroom window with sheers for all except in mudroom.
- Sheers added to small kitchen window and craft room/den window
- Storage area for firewood and trash cans added to the side of the house in 2016. Firewood included in sale
- Parking pad added to the side of the house in 2017. Great place to store trailer or RV.
- Large antique double-sided wall unit in living room and large hutch in kitchen were added in 2017.
- Fencing updates 2017-2018
- Closet doors added in 2018
- Exterior light in backyard, garage and front porch updated in 2017
- Fireplace refaced, new mantle built, new hearth in 2017
- Concrete slab added for dog kennels in 2016. Kennels not included in sale.
- New mailbox, post
- New ceiling fan/lights in hallway