El Dorado, Placer and Sacramento Real Estate Certified Short Sale Specialist
If you are struggling with your mortgage payments or facing foreclosure you may feel overwhelmed and frustrated. Many homeowners simply don’t know what to do or where to go for assistance, and they feel too helpless to take action.
Here are a few tips to get you pointed in the right direction.
What to DO
- TAKE ACTION AND BE PREPARED to talk to your financial institution. We can provide you with a financial checklist to help you prepare to discuss your options.
- SPEAK WITH YOUR LENDER about available loan programs that may help reduce your monthly mortgage payment.
- CONSULT with a Real Estate Attorney about your situation.
- CONSULT with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) regarding tax implications.
- CONSULT with a Realtor who has the experience and the credentials to effectively facilitate the short sale process with your lender at no charge to you. Connie Barnes sells on average 1 home each week just in El Dorado Hills.
- PLAN AHEAD Ask us about programs that help minimize the amount of time to get you ready to buy another home.
If you can no longer afford your home or don’t want to stay in it, a short sale may be right for you
There are still millions of US homeowners that owe more money on their home than it is worth. We are Certified Distressed Property Experts and have a high success rate in helping homeowners negotiate a graceful exit from their home. Not only do we facilitate the short sale process with your lender we can help you prepare for that day when you can buy again!
When you successfully complete the short sale process, your credit recovery period is usually much faster than going through foreclosure.
The Connie Barnes Team works with most leading banks and has a high success rate in negotiating and selling short sale properties. Connie Barnes has the people and systems in place to manage your short sale effectively. We work with lenders like Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo, OneWest / IndyMac, Golden One and many others.
Certifications include; RES.NET AMP REO, Five Star Institute REO and BPO, Equator Platinum REO and Short Sale, CDPE, BofA Short Sales Policies and procedures.
No out of pocket expenses
If a short sale is right for you, we can market your property and aggressively negotiate a short sale with your lender. All real estate commissions are negotiated and paid by your lender!
What NOT to Do
- DON’T WALK AWAY! There may be serious long-term negative credit, tax, legal and even future employment ramifications.
- STOP making your payments (if possible) without advice from a real estate attorney
- PAY anyone in advance who claims that they can work out a loan modification or a short sale with your lender. It’s against the law.
- HIRE an inexperienced real estate agent to assist you in the short sale process. You have only one chance to get it right and agents that are not up to speed on short sales only drag out the process and have a much higher failure rate.
- WAIT until the last minute to take action. The sooner you act, the better chance you have in avoiding foreclosure through a short sale.
- WORRY about the perception of a short sale. Today, millions of homeowners are in the same situation and you are not alone. In most cases, your lender would much rather negotiate a short sale with you rather than pay the costs of eviction and foreclosure.
Short sales may have substantial negative impact on credit, taxes and overall financial condition. Clients are advised to consult professionals pertaining to these processes, including but not limited to, accountants, tax specialists, mortgage professionals, real estate or tax attorneys at client’s expense. We cannot guarantee a satisfactory outcome form any negotiations with Users lenders or 3rd Party servicers. Clients are advised to explore options other than a short sales such as loan modification, refinance and/or other lender programs if available.